Re: TR-3 Radiator Removal

Subject: Re: TR-3 Radiator Removal
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2000 21:52:02 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Bill :

I believe it _can_ be done, but would only be worth the effort and
expense if you had a good reason for not pulling the front apron.

As I recall, you have to remove the fan (don't recall if the hub
extension has to come out too), the water pump housing, the cylinder
head, the horns, and all the braces, etc. around the top of the
radiator.  You may also need to unbolt the 'shelf' behind the grill and
bend the shelf a little.  All this supposedly makes room to lift the
radiator out the top, over the engine.

But, I've never tried it myself.

Randall