RE: TR3 Tunnel Insulation

Subject: RE: TR3 Tunnel Insulation
From: Lauren <Lauren@Scenicsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2000 14:27:41 -0800
At 01:21 PM 2/3/00 , David Moag wrote:

>Bill,
>
>I'm in the process of restoring my TR3, and I am planning on using that
>spray on stuff as the insulation under the tunnel.

An additional solution would be to try what is often used on motorcycles to
protect plastic parts from exhausts; it is a flexible reflective heat
shield with adhesive that is attached to the side of the part nearest the
exhaust. Being from the Great Pacific NorthWet I remember how my TR3 kept
me warm in the winter and slim in the summer ;-)

BTW, I guess this will serve as my introduction to the mailing list. I used
to own a TR3, and drive the family 2000 in my younger days (over 20 years
ago - where does the time go - sigh), and a recent show on TRs on
SpeedVision reminded me of how much fun I had with both cars.

Gave me a little incentive to investigate buying a late model TR6 and
adding some performance mods (I used to know a guy who had a TR-something -
can't remember if it was a, 4, 5, 250 or a 6 - they say memory is the first
to go - with a targa top that I always envied) - so I joined this list to
get some ideas and info.

FWIW,
LCB