RE: A-Type VS J-Type OD

To: blambert@socal.rr.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: A-Type VS J-Type OD
From: Day.John@fin.gc.ca
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 07:20:02 -0500 charset="iso-8859-1"
The easiest visual way is to check out the solenoids - the A-type is
vertical while the J-type is horizontal. As far as when the model switch was
made, I believe it was at the '73 model year (CF1). I believe the serial #
on the TR3 is on the side of the main casing, while on the TR6 it is on a
flat surface near the fork cross-shaft (I may be in error - it's too early
in the morning to think straight, and I've only had 1 coffee). A square
output flange? You mean where the tranny bolts up to the driveshaft? I've
never seen or heard of a square one on a TR before.

Cheers, JD

(p.s. - on the 'North vs South' thing: no offence to any southerners  it's
just my own frustration of being 'roadster-deprived' for months at a time.
:-()