Electric Fan

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Electric Fan
From: "Erkan Hassan" <ehassan@rx.umaryland.edu>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2000 21:30:36 -0500
Listers,

This weekends TR project book is full, next weekend I'm out of town,
but the following weekend, I would like to install an electric fan in
the TR 3B.  SO I would like to get one this week.  There are no
brackets to bolt a fan onto and I would like to use the pusher
variety.

Summit has a 12 inch fan however they state the required minimum space
needed is 15 x 13.5 x 2.25 inches.  I don't think there is that much
room in front of the radiator. They have a 10 inch one that requires
10.5 x 13 x 2.5 inches.

Therefore, my questions are:
1.  Can I purchase the 12 in. fan and just install it sideways since
I'm not going to use the brackets anyway?  will it fit this way?

2.  What make model and size fans have others used with good success?

3.  Should I get the adjustable thermostat relay since the car easily
and frequently runs at least 185 degrees?

4.  I have no idea about electrical setups.  Any pieces of advice on
the installation and electrical hookups?  All suggesstions would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Erkan Hassan
62 TR 3B