Fw: Do I hear $40,000?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Do I hear $40,000?
From: "Scott Drake" <scottdrake@idmail.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2000 12:03:15 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
Ok!  Enough talk and speculation.   I have seen this car myself at a few
shows and it is flawless.  The owner does Triumph restorations, and has been
doing so for twenty five or so odd years.  The tr6 was his own driver for
many years, and was a clean, unmolested original.  Recently he completed the
restoration, and it is quite stunning.  It was a frame off nut and bolt
resto, and in my mind done to perfection.  As far as price/value go I think
it is a deal, considering that when RHD  p.i. cars come up for sale in the
states they seem to go for roughly 2 times what an equivilant "normal" TR6
goes for.  How many "real" (not conversions) injected cars have you seen.
Does anybody remember 4 or 5 years ago when Charles from the
Roadster/Backorder Factory put his p.i. TR5 up for sale.... a car needing a
COMPLETE  restoration  $18,500.00 if I remember corectly.    Anyhow sorry
for ranting, but I thought the TR6 was a fair deal, although unfortunately I
can't afford it right now.

Cheers,

Scott Drake