Re: Do I hear $40,000?

To: Jim Hill <Jim_Hill@chsra.wisc.edu>
Subject: Re: Do I hear $40,000?
From: Ernest Husmann <chusmann@execpc.com>
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2000 12:24:48 -0600
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>

Jim Hill wrote:

> Regarding the Canadian TR6 FI for sale on Ebay, Bill Miller wrote:
>
> Am I the only person on this list who's not offended by someone trying to
> sell what appears to be an _extremely_ well restored FI TR6 in a national
> market for some $20k USD?

I'm not offended.  When I started looking for my last car I wanted something
that would at least hold it's value.  I purchased a TR6.  So if the value goes
up my heirs will be happy when I can no longer drive the car.

> If the time you've spent restoring your car has any value at all, it
> wouldn't be difficult to have $20k or more in parts and time tied up in a
> car that's that well done (and, again, I'm assuming for the moment that it's
> really as nice as it looks in the pictures).

Having just started a restoration, I can understand your argument.

> I bought my TR6 for $2500 and spent three years restoring it. When I look
> back at all the $ spent on parts, all the time I spent on it and the cost of
> engine and body work I couldn't do myself . . . well, $20,000 doesn't sound
> so outrageous.

I'll give you $20,000 Canadian for yours.

Ernie Husmann
Grafton, WI