TR3 Steering Column

Subject: TR3 Steering Column
From: suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2000 18:26:01 -0500
Removed the steering column switch & stator tube, steering wheel, all
upper column supports,
split column brace, and upper steering column this afternoon. My
question to the list
is can I convert over to a non-adjustable steering wheel by replacing
the stator
tube for a non-adjustable wheel and finding a upper inner and outer
steering column for a non-adjustable wheel? In essence, keeping the
lower end of the
steering column and box while replacing the upper half only.

The steering wheel had been removed at some time by the previous owner
and they drilled out two of the three grub screws totally toasting the
inner
mounts for the grub screws.  I ended up having to drill out the third
and it isn't as bad
but not comfortable with this. I have a non-adjustable, original
steering wheel that
is in excellent shape. I would need to buy the column switch and the
upper
half of the steering column along with a new stator tube.

Your thoughts would be most appreciated.

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA
'70 TR6
'59 TR3