TR6-Brakes?What Brakes?

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6-Brakes?What Brakes?
From: "D. Michael Scott" <dms@snip.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2000 18:03:07 -0500
Greetings to Triumph people in Winter,

I have been enjoying two days of driving with my new rear suspension
job, and with the snow piled up along the road side.  But today, I was
in a rush to pick up my daughter from basketball practice. I drove about
8 minutes with the hand brake on, and on a stretch of 60 mph road.
After I parked and started the car up, I don't seem to have much of any
braking power!!!!

I suppose that an adjustment may be needed on the rear drum brakes to
bring the brake shoe in closer????  But also wondering about my front
disc brakes as well???
 Bought my '75 TR6 in July 1999, with supposedly rebuilt master/brake
system several years before. I failed to do any bleeding after having
the entire rear suspension out.

 I'm new to TR6 braking systems.  Feel like I really screwed up on this
one, but maybe I've been depending on my rear brakes alone??  Any
assistance would be appreciated. After November and December under the
car, I was hoping to be on top for awhile!  Thanks, D. Michael