Re: TR6-Brakes?What Brakes?

Subject: Re: TR6-Brakes?What Brakes?
From: "Tom Di Iulio" <diiulio@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2000 17:35:35 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
    your front brakes were not affected as they are not involved with your
parking brake.  i cannot tell you exactly what you've done to your rear
brakes, but using the square adjustment bolt as you've indicated will bring
them out farther to the drum.
    the disclaimer here depends on how worn your shoes were to begin with.
in addition, brake shoes can become "glazed" from being in continuous
contact with the drum. if this has happened, i'm not sure if you can save
the shoes or not. a visual inspection is the best way to tell. my 2
cents.......
Tom Di Iulio
1976 TR6 (with new accelerator pedal bushings)
Denver, Co