Triumph Guide (book)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Triumph Guide (book)
From: Bob Sykes <stan.part@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2000 17:33:47 -0800
Scions,

A friend of a relative was cleaning out some boxes of old books and
knowing of my Triumph "affliction", gave me a book that he thought
I would like.  Titled simply "Triumph Guide" by Dave Allen and Dick
Strome it was published by the Sports Car Press in New York in 1959.
Hardbound and 127 pages, it sold for $2.75.  It's dedicated to
B. Alan Hill, Esq., of The Standard Motor Company.  Whom "Without
his help and his encyclopedic memory, this effort would not have
been possible."

I haven't read all of it, but so far it's been very interesting
reading.  I'm sure much of the content has been expanded on in
later books by others, but I don't have any of the books about
the "big" TRs.  History of "The Standards", "The Triumphs" and
the combined company is covered as well as chapters on the Sports
Cars, Tuning and Maintenance, Competition and the TSOA.

There's pictures of all the old Standards (& Triumphs), many which
I hadn't seen before.  I'll have to scan some in soon.

Anyone else seen or heard of this book?   It's one to watch out
for at the used bookstore IMHO.

--
LBC'ing U,
Bob (& Spitfires)