Re: Por 15

Subject: Re: Por 15
From: "Tom Di Iulio" <diiulio@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 07:38:47 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
    i used por15 on my chassis during my frame-off and am very pleased with
the finish.
the metal-ready product you're asking about is a kind of rust converter that
you spray on
prior to the por15 application. it has the look and consistency of windex
but turns most of
the sprayed surface "whitish" by removing the rust and leaving a zinc
phosphate coating.
    then you spray it off with water, dry, and  paint with the por15. if i
was to do it all over
again, i'm not sure i'd buy anything except the por15. using the metal ready
might be
overkill. and i'd also get a higher gloss finish than the semi-gloss that i
bought. use the
sponge brushes, they're cheap and disposable.
    i used wax paper to seal the can each time i opened it. i also used
disposable gloves
and long sleeves. the stuff is permanent if you get it on your skin. of
course, if you have the
talent that i do with a drill and wire brush attachment, you can easily
remove several layers
of skin at a time...
Tom Di Iulio (nursing wounds from last week's battle)
1976 TR6
Denver, Co