RE: Por 15

Subject: RE: Por 15
From: "The Brooks'" <TR3A@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 23:26:03 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "David Moag" <moag@ix.netcom.com>, "Jay Snavely" <jays@paonline.com>
Dave,

To the contrary, I used the standard POR-15 as the engine primer
and used their engine paint as a top coat on virtually everything
black on the engine, except for the parts I sent to FT for powder
coating.

That primer/top coat was the recommendation of the techies at
Rustomotive, the company that makes the stuff.  They are about 10
minutes from work, so they know I would be back to see them, if
it didn't work.

I have about 2,000 miles on the new engine and the paint looks
great.

BTW - I also used POR-15 on a few places inside the engine too.
Do your prep exceptionally well and it'll never come off.

Later,

Jack Brooks
Hillsdale, NJ
1960 TR3A TS69032LO