Re: Por 15

To: <Triumph4Jeff@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Por 15
From: "Jay Snavely" <jays@paonline.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 18:08:54 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
I've just used some on my engine and plan to do the frame.  I used a
degreaser and then a metal prep to clean up the rust and coat the metal to
make
the paint adhere better.  I put the POR15 on last Saturday and I noticed
last night
that it comes off pretty readily from the smooth surfaces of the block.
Hopefully it
will cure and stick better.  My garage is only about 30 deg most of the time
except
when I am working, so maybe it needs more time.  The product data says it
take
about 3 weeks to cure fully.  I  hope it will stick to the frame, which is
not rusty and pretty
well painted.  I don't know if the original paint will come off easily. I
have heard a lot of positive comments from the list about POR15.  There is
more info on
the www.POR15.com website.

Jay
74TR6