Opinion Requested

To: wedge list <tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu>
Subject: Opinion Requested
From: Brian Furgalus <triumph.tr7@usa.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2000 23:46:11 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
NO ARCHIVE

Hello All!

As some of you may be aware, I am a poor high school student, and in a
year or so, a poor college student.  I need to make a choice.  I'm
driving an old Honda Civic in the winter and the TR7 in the summer, see
sig., and while the Honda serves its purpose fairly well, it does NOT do
well on the highway.  Probably a problem, since I'm going to be 4-5
hours from home if I go to my school of choice (Ohio U, for all you
Bobcats out there!)  I am contemplating harnessing the Beast into
year-round daily service for the next 4-5 years.  I can hold off for one
more season, but I'm going to have to either:

A. sell the TR7 and take a $2500-$3000 loss AND sell the honda and buy a
late-model car (NOT my first choice!)
B. sell the honda and put that money into buying rims/snow tires and a
removable hardtop for the TR7 and budget for many car washes and a
Ziebarting touchup!

What would you guys do?  I'm at my wits end trying to decide which way
to go.  The TR7 is not rust-free.  It has some rust in the usual places,
but unusually for TR7's, the floor and all associated suspension mounts
are in great condition.  Most all the rust is cosmetic, and if it gets
worse, will still be cosmetic.

Help me decide if I'm insane for considering option B,
Brian
--
1981 TR7 DHC, the "Beast"
Cleveland, Ohio, USA