74 TR6 seatbelts

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: 74 TR6 seatbelts
From: Claudia Lied <cglied@whro.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 21:19:04 -0500
Hello Listers and thanks for the quick responses.  To answer
questions/respond to suggestions.  My first clue as to seatbelt problems
came when I attempted to buckle up the first time, and the seatbelt pulled
out from behind the seat.  There was no retractor attached.  I found it
later in a bucket, in the trunk, in pieces.  Apparently the DPO was
attempting to replace the webbing and wasn't as ingenious as Tim, and just
gave up.  I called Snakeoyl, and they don't remember restoring any of your
belts, as they said to ship mine to them so they could look them over.  And
they are not cheap.  I checked Andover's website, they appeared to
concentrate on selling a generic, and not LBC appearing set of belts.  I
don't know about other localities, but when I enquired at a local
upholstery shop, I was informed it was not legal for them to replace the
webbing her in Virginia.  At any rate, it appears I may be on to a set of
original belts from the list.  Again, thanks to all, your help was much
appreciated.

Gary Lied
74 TR6, new interior almost installed
80 Spitfire