RE: The Philosophy of Originality

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: The Philosophy of Originality
From: "Randall" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 18:18:53 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
Phil :

What !  No Redlines !  What kind of a travesty of a TR6 are you building
anyway !!!

(Please note : the above is intended as humor only.)

What you do with your car is your business.  It doesn't have to please
anyone but you (and maybe a few government agencies, but we won't discuss
that).

But please don't look down your nose at those of us who don't feel the urge
to slavishly copy exactly what the factory/dealer did to our cars, right
down to the factory defects.

I happen to like my TR3 to perform and handle at least somewhat close to a
modern sports car.  To that end, I've got wider wheels (from a TR6, but with
TR3 hubcaps), wider tires (currently 205s on the front, I may go even
wider), sway bars, etc.  When I go on club outings, the people in 'restored'
cars all seem to me to be dawdling.  (Whaddya mean, you had to slow down for
that curve?  It's only marked 35mph, 70 should be no problem, right ?)

And yet, their cars please them, and that's what it's all about. (Not to
mention that there are some truly stunning cars in our club, while my 'daily
driver' is 'cosmetically challenged' at best !)

I live in Southern California, where there are a great many modified cars,
of all descriptions.  Most of them don't appeal to me.  (Ho hum, another
chopped and channeled 42 Ford, with flames and colors not found in nature.)
But (hopefully) they do appeal to their owners, and that's great !

Your taste isn't the same as mine, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Randall
59 TR3A daily driver