Re: Seeking Wisdom on expensive purchases!

To: Patrick Barber <patbarber@home.com>
Subject: Re: Seeking Wisdom on expensive purchases!
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 17:20:58 -0700
Cc: "Kathleen T. Converse" <Kathy.Converse@home.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
I have read of several people's dissatisfaction with the Pacesetter
header and Monza exhaust.

I understand the concerns with the Monza (loudness and upswept pipes),
but frankly, I am amazed that people have had difficulty fitting the
headers.

I have both components and am quite satisfied with both of them.

Sure the Monza pipes are loud.  That is one of the reasons I bought
them.  The upswept pipes cause emissions to swirl but if the car is
tuned properly (and isn't worn out), the exhaust does not leave soot on
the rear deck and doesn't smell particularly bad. (eau de Spitfire) :)

Maybe it is because I opted for the chromed header, but I had no problem
with the fit or clearance with the frame that everyone complains about.
And this is a 1500 header on a 1500 engine installed in a Mk1 that does
not have the frame cut away for exhaust clearance.

Perhaps I just got lucky, but I just don't understand all the problems
others have experienced!

Regards,
Joe

--