Keyless entry without electrics!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Keyless entry without electrics!
From: Transmancat@aol.com
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 11:24:00 EST
Hi Guys
I have been in this business for some 25 years, during this period I spend
some time working at a shop right next door to a 1500 car, car park that was
next door to a major tourist attraction so the car park was often full during
the season. You would be amazed at how many people lock themselves out of
cars!!!!!!!! I like Jorge never lock my car door. For a couple of reasons,
one being that if some urchin actually WANTED your stereo or whatever was in
the car, he would just smash the window and he has it anyway! If on the other
hand he, or a professional thief really wanted your car he would just take
it! Most doors can be opened in 1-5 seconds The best will take you about 90
seconds!!!!!!! Alarm systems? how many people actually notice them anymore? I
often go to car parks where the alarms are going off and nobody takes any
notice, If a thief triggers an alarm he will just smile at passers by and say
"stupid dammed alarm system" the passer by will walk on and think nothing of
it!  Interactive alarm systems can be jammed VERY easily. The alarm that
takes out differing electrical circuits can be by passed, you can even buy
the equipment to do this over a store counter if you know what to ask
for!!!!!!!!!!!!
Remember to take your car he will need a key or he is going to force or break
something to get it going anyway!  DO NOT LEAVE THE KEYS INSIDE. The older
LBC with no key? just fit an ignition cut out switch somewhere that only you
will know.
Just my .02 cents worth on locks and security systems.
BTW, last year was challenged by the owner of a certain Ford to get into his
car quicker than he could with the key, his claim was that it took him longer
than 2 seconds to get the keys out of his pocket and in the lock etc. He was
right, it does take him that time. But while he was doing it I had the door
open!
Regards,
John J, Black
http://www.waterloo-dtr.com