TR-6 Carb Throttle Bushing replacement

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR-6 Carb Throttle Bushing replacement
From: Desenberg1@cs.com
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 21:03:36 EST
Hi All,

    I am in the process of rebuilding my carbs and need to replace the
throttle shafts and bushings.  I am looking for some ideas on how to remove
the existing bushings. Whats the best way?  I am thinking about threading
them with a tap and then screwing in a bolt. I will then attach to a slide
hammer and see if that will pull them out.  Also installing the new ones, any
ideas?  Do the new bushings need to be reamed?

    Just as a side note.  I have had my carbs apart quite a few times before
but never removed the throttle shafts.  Now, I know where the shaft seals go
that come with the rebuild kit.  Can't see them without removing the shafts.

Thanks for the help

Mark
Southern Maine