Re: TR6 Steering wheel update

To: Philip Haldeman <haldeman@accessone.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 Steering wheel update
From: Jim Davis <jh_davis@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 20:37:09 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Philip,
        Triumph changed the TR6 steering wheel spokes from a matte black finish
to a brushed metal finish sometime in 1969. 1972 models would not be
"correct"
with black spokes. The early '69 cars probably had leather covered rims,
but none of the silver spoked wheels I've seen have leather rims.
        If anyone can confirm that they have an authentic, factory supplied,
leather rimed, silver spoked, US spec. TR6 steering wheel, I would very
much like a photo of this wheel. Just so we can put this one to bed.
Jim Davis
Fortson, GA
CF38690UO
CF37325U