Re: tacho recalibrating

To: "Richard Gosling" <rbgos@perkins-engines.com>
Subject: Re: tacho recalibrating
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical-iwnet@lineone.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 20:19:29 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "List Spitfires" <spitfires@autox.team.net>, "List Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hi Richard
The only bit from a four pot is one of the internal components which had the
correct ratings on it so must have been common to both. the rest of the
components are all from the original six pot tacho. Thanks for the idea I
will try it and see what happens. Do you know which bit I should adjust
first the return spring or the potentiometer?  The only thing I would like
to correct is the fact that the supply does not come from the stabilised
side of the voltage regulator as these are merely a Bi-metal switch which
averages the voltage and have an off period every so often that would cause
the tacho to stop working briefly.

Cheers, Graham.