RE: Torque wrench woes

To: "Malcolm Walker" <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>, "Philip Haldeman" <haldeman@accessone.com>
Subject: RE: Torque wrench woes
From: "Ken Waringa" <kwaringa@dynsys.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 14:39:46 -0600charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <jimmad@juno.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
I've used the dial type torque wrenches, and they are great, just don't drop
them.  The needle has a tendency to pop off if the tool is dropped.  I'll
stick with my old craftsman scale type torque wrench.  While in the Navy we
used just about every type of torque wrench made, including pneumatic.  All
our wrenches had to be calibrated at regular intervals.  The most reliable
ones we had were the deflecting beam type wrenches (the ones with the scale
at the handle).  You have to be pretty flexible to see the scale sometimes,
but they keep on going.

Just my .02 worth.

Ken Waringa