Re: Torque wrench woes

To: Philip Haldeman <haldeman@accessone.com>
Subject: Re: Torque wrench woes
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 12:21:54 -0800 (PST)
Cc: jimmad@juno.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
On Mon, 14 Feb 2000, Philip Haldeman wrote:

> Thanks.  Consider myself contorted.  This sounds like expert advice to me!

If you can, try to find military-spec torque wrenches.  I had the chance
to buy some of these a while back for $50 each and I wish I had.

They are similar in function to the beam-deflection kind but are far
simpler to use (ie, you don't have to balance the plastic handle on its
pit, just pull and read)

No click, just a dial halfway down the handle that pointed at the number
of ft-lbs you were twisting.  Nice tools.

-Malcolm
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its new home is:
http://www.islandnet.com/~walker05/triumph/trfaq.htm