TR-3A - Rear shocks follow up; a surprising turn

To: John Cowan <jfcowan@pacbell.net>
Subject: TR-3A - Rear shocks follow up; a surprising turn
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 11:42:55 -0500
Cc: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
John writes:

<Snip>     BTW, I recall that I replaced this shock in 1965 shortly after
purchasing the car, <Snip>

So, after 35 years a little bit of the shock oil has slipped passed the
shaft seals and you can't see it?  How much oil has leaked out of
you engine in that time?

Seriously, how many tube shocks would last 35 years?  Quite admirable
performance, I think.  BTW My TR3 is exhibiting the same problem.  I
think I will have to do the same to mine (after I finish the TR8???)

Dave

P.S. The TR3 is the wife's, actually.  But she lets me drive it.