RE: JUDGES question....TR-3A dash recovering and metal clips

To: Day.John@fin.gc.ca
Subject: RE: JUDGES question....TR-3A dash recovering and metal clips
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 11:44:23 -0500 ()
Cc: musson@chekhov.arts.usf.edu, triumphs@autox.team.net
On Thu, 17 Feb 2000 Day.John@fin.gc.ca wrote:

> One question - how long does a judge, or a team of judges - typically spend
> on a car at a concours (say, at VTR)? My own answer would be 'as much time
> as is available, depending on the number of cars entered', but something
> more numerical would help.

It could be as much as 10-15 minutes, but it depends a lot on the team
itself (usually four people) and the captain of the team (one of the
four). Often it is a bit less time, especially with an extremely
experienced team and/or captain.

> I'm wondering if they would happen to find an
> esoteric item such as that (I suppose they might if the car just before that
> had clips). Thanks! JD

Although the VTR judging system is not totally dependent on judges with
intimate knowledge of a given model, it can be fascinating to watch a team
captain who really, REALLY knows his/her stuff: the number and orientation
of loops in the temperature gauge sender capillary tube on a TR3A, the
proper lighting switch setup on a US-spec Mk2 Spitfire, the correct shade
of Alpine Mauve on a 948 Herald... :-)

--Andy