Re: TR6 NEOPHYTE QUESTIONS

To: RBMUSNRET@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 NEOPHYTE QUESTIONS
From: Trevor Jordan <tjordan@bigpond.net.au>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2000 11:11:37 +1100
Cc: RBMUSNRET@aol.com
At 10:13 AM -0500 19/2/00, RBMUSNRET@aol.com wrote:
>A COUPLE OF QUESTIONS I NEED SOME HELP ON WITH MY 75 (CF39711) I RECENTLY
>PURCHASED:
>
>    1.  IS THERE AN EASY WAY TO REACH WAY UP BEHIND THE REAR BUMPER TO REMOVE
>THE BOLTS THAT HOLD IT ON?  I AM HAVING A HARD TIME FINDING THE CORRECT/EASY
>WAY TO DO THIS.

a. A socket on a flexible drive (preferably a steel wire drive rather
than universal joints)

b. Child labour (12 to 16 is about optimal: old enough to understand,
fairly competent, but still small hands)

c. Both the above

Incidentally they are not bolts, they are studs and frequently the
stud backs out of the bumper with the nut.  If you are planning to
remove the rubber overriders, be aware that you will probably need
spacers (about 6 to 8 mm) to take their place when you replace the
bumper.

>    2.  SUDDENLY (AND OF COURSE, SPORADICALLY) I GET IN THE CAR, START HER
>RIGHT UP AND THE TEMPERATURE GUAGE, FUEL GUAGE AND TURN SIGNALS WILL NOT
>WORK.  JUST AS SUDDENLY, THEY'LL START WORKING.  I'VE LOOKED AT THE
>SCHEMATICS, BUT WITH MY LIMITED KNOWLEDGE OF EXACTLY HOW TO READ THE THINGS,
>I CAN'T FOR THE LIFE OF ME DETERMINE WHY THESE 3 THINGS WOULD GO OUT
>TOGETHER.  ANY IDEAS?

They are all on the same circuit and the problem could be anywhere
along the circuit back to the fuse.  I would suspect the fuse and it
is also the easiest place to check.  Remove the fuse and clean the
end caps, then clean the fuse holder.  Check that the fuse holder
holds the fuse tightly.  If that does not work, replace the fuse
(they can be defective internally).

Trevor Jordan

74 TR6 CF29281U