Re: Rheostadt Switch--TR6

To: <Crazeecooter@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Rheostadt Switch--TR6
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical-iwnet@lineone.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2000 00:09:44 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "List Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
HI Jonathan
Yes they are supposed to give a range of light output not just on or off, is
the new one new or new old stock? Meaning it has been sat around somewhere
with the winding inside gently oxidizing!! Try whizzing the knob back and
forth from one extreme to the other a few times to cut through the oxide
layer, also you could try some proprietary switch cleaner squirted in there,
there will be some way to get some in there, may mean removing it again!

Graham.