Re: Recommendations for air compressor?

To: chansen@access1.net, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Recommendations for air compressor?
From: Gbouff1@aol.com
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 19:23:58 EST
Cliff,
I had a 4.5 horsepower direct drive Campbell Hausefield 20 gal that ran on
110 volts rated at 6.9 CFM at 90 PSI.  It was great for impact wrenches and
an impact hammer.  However it would not keep up with air grinders, cut off
tools, sanders, or a small portable sand blasting gun for any length of time.

This past Fall I installed a 60 gallon 6 horsepower belt driven Campbell
Hausefield rated at 10.2 CFM at 90 PSI.  It was the Extreme Duty model and
has a 3 year warranty  It required 220 volts so I installled it in the
basement near the proper wiring and ran steel pipe to the garage.  It was the
best thing that I could have done.  I have plenty of air for all of the tools
and there is no compressor noise in the garage.  However, I must add that the
noise coming from the basement sometimes gets to my wife.

The price was $399.00 at Home Depot.  You also need to purchase an air
regulator as it does not come with one.  I suggest that you get a combination
reguator with a water seperater/filter, it will save you air tools.

Hope that this helps.

Gary Bouffard
59 TR3A TS58399