Value of 1965 Spitfire

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Value of 1965 Spitfire
From: "Daniel Elder" <Vitesse6@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 19:16:38 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Thanks to all who responded to my question on the value of my 1965 Spitfire.
I got responses ranging from a low of $3000 (at which I would store it) to
$7000-$8000 and some saying $5000 or $6000. Several had questions about its
being a Mk I given the 1965 model year. I have the BMHIT "build sheet" on
the car. It was built in January of 1964, still has the original engine, and
is Signal Red with black interior as listed. It has the turn down style door
handles and separate radiator tank over the manifolds.It is undoubtedly one
of the many cars that were given a "model year" to match the time of sale.
My "1964" Sports 6 was built in Sept 1962 and I had another Sports 6 built
in 1962 which was titled as a 1965.
Anyway, as always, it's a pleasure to get the collective wisdom of the
group.
Thanks,
Dan