Re: Insurance

To: Steve <wsteve@primenet.com>
Subject: Re: Insurance
From: Shawn Mann <shaw.mon@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2000 16:04:10 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Steve wrote:

> Listers:
> Does anyone know of a reputable insurance company servicing the Southern
> California area that will insure a daily driver TR6 for an agreed upon value
> with no mileage limit? Or alternately one to stay far away from.
>
> Thanks
> Steve Wilkinson

Steve,

Sorry, I realized I'd forgot the # later in the day.  Here it is if you
don't already have it:

800/922-4050

Fred, have you read your policy lately?  As others have pointed out, I
find no mention of mileage (at all), or use limitations (for the most
part) in the policy, although I do understand that my car's not covered
in the event of "Discharge of a nuclear weapon (even if accidental)."
How long have you been with Hagerty?  Is it possible that they've
changed their coverage since you began with them?  What state are you
in? Is CNA the underwriter on your policy as well?  I don't doubt your
type of coverage, but I went with Hagerty specifically because the cost
vs. level of coverage was the best I found, and not as limiting as many
others.  Why is your policy so different?