Re: Carpte Underfelt/Seat Tracks TR6

To: Crazeecooter@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Carpte Underfelt/Seat Tracks TR6
From: McGaheyRx@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 12:15:01 EST
In a message dated 2/21/00 9:47:06 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Crazeecooter@aol.com writes:

<< .I am worried that if I just lay it down, put the carpet
 over it, and then the seat tracks...the carpet may rise when the tracks are
 bolted down and prevent the seats from moving back and forth effectively.
Is
 this a valid concern?? >>

You don't need to cut the underfelt - what you need are the spacing washers
that go under the seat slides to hold the seat slides up and prevent the
compression of carpet and under felt.
See plate GH in TR6 spare parts catalogue - look for item GH10
part # WM67
Cheers
Jack Mc - also doing TR6 frame off - not as far along as you though  )-: