Re: To Build A Bigger Six

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: To Build A Bigger Six
From: Aribert_Neumann@magna.on.ca
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 09:07:32 -0500

Pilot bushing is different between the two engines.  The ID and OD are different
between the two engines.   I usually order both a GT-6 and a TR-6 pilot bushing
and use the one that has the correct OD and machine the necessary (larger) ID.
THe mismatch could also be caused because I have mixed years:  '71 title, bonnet
and chassis, 73 TVR (TR-6) engine, 78 Spit body.   I stretched the GT-6 oil pan
to clear the extra crank throw - if I were to do it over again I would modify
the TR-6 oil pan to clear the rack instead.   Also with what I know now, I could
have gotten a TR-6 crank and pistons along with the double link timing chain,
gears and timing cover and I would have had the 2.5L engine.