Re: TR3A Value Added?

To: <Jeff.A.Williamson@jci.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3A Value Added?
From: "Tom Di Iulio" <diiulio@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 07:31:54 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
    personally, it seems to me that the customer you'll be courting
is one that will be willing to pay for someone else's work and is not
interested in doing the "grunt work".
    i could be wrong, but i think you've probably got about 3 groups
of customers. one group will want to buy a project car to restore.
another group will want a reliable daily driver that has some
distinctiveness. the final group will want a finished, like new, weekend
fun car. the last 2 groups are your customers and do not want to do
much work to have a driver.
    i think you'll have your best luck at a sale if you finish the car. of
course,
i also thought i'd be done with my tr6 restoration 6 months ago.....
Tom Di Iulio
1976 TR6 (pretty shiny new coil added last nite)
Denver, Co