Re: TR3A Value Added - Response

To: "Musson, Carl" <musson@chekhov.arts.usf.edu>, "'Jeff.A.Williamson@jci.com'" <Jeff.A.Williamson@jci.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3A Value Added - Response
From: Drew Rogge <drew@pixar.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 10:36:02 -0800 "RE: TR3A Value Added - Response" (Feb 22, 1:19pm)
For what it's worth I just went through this with my '58 TR3. I
ended up with the tonneau with the split after trying the earlier
one. The problem with the earlier cover was that the front corners
by the front edge of the door were too rounded. My car needed the
cover with the more squared corners. This is also shown in the
TRF catalog. I must admit though that I have no guarantee that ANY
 of the DZUS fastener studs are in the correct place on my car.

I've a few questions for those of you who have installed the later
style tonneau. From looking at things it seems to me that the
forward portion of the split should lap over the rear portion. If
this is the case what keeps the rear portion of the split from
flapping around in the breeze when the tonneau is folded behind the
seat? Does both the front and rear of the split get a DZUS fastener?
It seems like you would have to have an extra long stud if this is
the case.

What have other people done with the splits?

Drew

--
Drew Rogge
drew@pixar.com