Re: painting manifolds and EFI

To: davelee1@home.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: painting manifolds and EFI
From: LaJoMor@aol.com
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 13:23:18 EST
Dave...I media-blasted my aluminum (alloy) intake manifold, rear swing arms,
and differential mount using glass beads (you can also use a plastic media)
at about 45psi. They came out fantastic! Eastwood sells a product called
Clear Coat Barrier Part #13095Z.  It can be used to spray the fresh aluminum
but they warn against using it around gas or other hydraulic oils. It is a
clear coating that works well for the swing arms and diff mount but wouldn't
work on the intake manifold because of the proximity to gasoline. I am just
leaving mine as is...no coating etc because gasoline will eventually affect
the paint.
I sand blasted my exhaust manifold with aluminum oxide at 80-90 psi. It also
looks fantastic. It can be painted with hi-temp paint made for just such
applications. There are other applications for exhaust manifolds that have
been discussed "exhaustively" in these list threads....ceramic, paint,
coatings that cure with exhaust temps, etc. etc. Your choice. Hope this helps.
Larry Morrison ---- LaJoMor@aol.com
TR 250