Re: Silicon Brake fluid ?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, roadster@prodigy.net
Subject: Re: Silicon Brake fluid ?
From: Jim Barbuscia <Jim.Barbuscia@west.sun.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 09:14:37 -0800 (PST)

 I just converted this winter to DOT5 (silicon) for the same reason as you
 are. I find the pedal just a tad mushy, but not a problem.

 -jimb

> All;
>
> I am new to the list and have a question on the use of silicon brake
> fluid with my '78 Spitfire.  I have gone through 2 master cylinders and
> they invariably leak a bit over time.  I would like to convert to the
> silicon fluid to save my paint.  Anyone try this or have any feedback I
> would appreciate it!
>
> Chris in Utah
> '78 Spitfire

## Jim Barbuscia SE Sun Microsystems Kirkland, WA.    ##
## http://sunup.West.Sun.COM:80/~jb                   ##
## Standard Disclaimers apply (Jim.Barbuscia@Sun.COM) ##