Re: PDWA rebuild questions

To: Aribert_Neumann@magna.on.ca, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: PDWA rebuild questions
From: Sam Gentry <hsgentry@cfw.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 17:31:57 -0500
I have done a number of these and the shuttle is just corroded in.  The
screwdriver slot does nothing but maybe allow you to turn it a little so
that it will break free.  There is a small ball bearing in the bottom of
the hole where the switch goes and that really gets stuck.  Get that thing
out first if you can.  There is no magic, just push hard.  I usually use a
dowel and hammer.  When you get it all out, including the little steel
marble (about bb size) clean everything up and put it back together with
the new o rings.  There is a style that has only one plug, but your 71
should have the two plug type.  I have no idea how to get the shuttle out
of a one plug type.  By the way, the shuttle is really two parts, a short
end and a long end.

Sam