PDWA rebuild questions

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: PDWA rebuild questions
From: Aribert_Neumann@magna.on.ca
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 12:46:09 -0500

I am rebuilding the brake hydraulics on my '71 GT-6.   This time around I
decided to rebuild the PDWA also since I know that I have not serviced it in the
ten years that I have had the car. THe PDWA  (my guess at the correct name -
assembly that detects and lights an idiot bulb on the dash when there is an
imbalance between the front and rear brakes) needs rebuilding also.  I purchased
o-rings from someone on the list last summer or fall.   I removed the switch and
the two plugs on the ends but am unable to get the shuttle (sliding member) out
of the housing - it appears to be corroded in place.   Should the shuttle slide
right out?  The visible ends of the shuttle have what appears to be a
screwdriver slot - do I need to unscrew this prior to forcing the shuttle to
move?   I tapped lightly with a drift and a small mallet but the shuttle did not
move.  Or can I use one of my BFHs and a drift and just convince the shuttle to
budge?

BTW, I tried to send this message out to the list earlier today.  The e-mail
system here at work seems quite selective lately.  If this is a double posting
my apologies.