RE: Rimmer Bros.alert? VTR are you listing?

To: "Triumphs (E-mail)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Rimmer Bros.alert? VTR are you listing?
From: "Randall" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 17:29:58 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
John :

Just a side comment : I spoke with a local club member (who lurks on the
list, but rarely posts) at our meeting Wednesday night about her tale of woe
with Rimmers (she also bought an OD tranny for her TR250 which arrived
missing some parts), and she tells me that after several phone calls,
Rimmers actually paid to have her transmission shipped back to the UK, where
they fixed all of her concerns and sent it back to her.  It cost them some
$400 in shipping, plus whatever the parts and labor are worth, but they did
make it right.

So, be persistent.  Keep calling them every day if necessary (Yes, I know
it's not a cheap call), and they will eventually make good.

Rumor is, Rimmer's may be in some financial trouble (and I'm told that Moss
UK is already in receivership), so I'd suggest you press your case ASAP.  If
they make a lot of these $400 mistakes, I can see why they might be in
trouble !

Randall