TR4 Hoodstick Webbing Measurement

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4 Hoodstick Webbing Measurement
From: "Brian Sanborn" <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 10:27:49 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Bill Luther" <BillLuther@aol.com>
Listers,

I need some assistance.

I am replacing my hood (top) with a new Robbins top from TRF.
Last spring I had to redo the webbing on the hoodsticks because
my car had no webbing when I bought it.

I got a measurement from Brad Kahler's TR4 restoration car last
April of 20 7/16" measured from the center of the hole on the
webbing DOT fastener to the center of the screw holes located on
the rear top bow.  I am sure that this is close too correct but
suspect something is off a little.  My current top is an old AMCO
top that has shrunk a bit and is hard to get on. On this top the
front bow ends up too far forward ... not lined up with the front
seam of the top and when you snap up the flap that grabs the
front bow it creates a bulge that shows on the outside of the
top. I am not sure if it is the old top or the hoodstick
measurement.

Before I install and fit the new top I would like to verify this
measurement.  For those of you with TR4s that you can get at
easily... would you check this measurement for me.  I have
checked every book I have... and I have them most of them... and
can't find any spec for this.

Thanks for your help.

Brian Sanborn
62 TR4  CT16260L - Groton, MA