Dash replacement

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dash replacement
From: "Ken Waringa" <kwaringa@dynsys.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 07:14:00 -0600charset="iso-8859-1"
Well the old dash is off my 71 TR6 and I'm planning on installing the new
one tonight.  I'm want to replace all the dash lights, but is there a secret
to getting the bulbs out?  I can get the bulbs out of the gauge illumination
lights with no problem since the bulb protrudes above the socket, but the
warning lights are a different story.  The bulbs in the warning lights are
recessed into the socket so you can't get a grip to unscrew the bulb.  I
figured someone on this list has a method that will remove the bulbs easily,
short of breaking the bulb and using a pair of needle nose pliers.

The dash replacement was going real smooth until I dropped the glass from
the speedometer on the garage floor and it shattered into a million pieces.
I'm going to see if I can get a new piece cut locally today.  I also found
out why my turn signals didn't work.  The wiring for the turn signals goes
through the hazard warning switch.  Well my hazard warning switch only had
one wire connected, the rest were just hanging loose.  I'll need to get the
schematic our tonight to figure out the wiring to the switch.  The two
warning lights normally in the speedometer (high beam and turn signal I
think) were also hanging loose.  It should be fairly easy to determine which
is which.

Hopefully I'll finish the dash tonight, then all that's left is putting the
interior back together, then go for a ride.

TIA

Ken Waringa