TR6 Brake Booster problem

To: "Worthy, John" <John.Worthy@corpmail.telstra.com.au>
Subject: TR6 Brake Booster problem
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 08:50:14 -0500
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by "Worthy, John"
>Listers

I'm experiencing a gradual loss of brake pedal pressure when I've got my
foot on the brake.  I can recover pressure by taking my foot off the pedal
and reapplying it, howver, the same thing happens.  Its rather
disconcerting
sitting at a set of traffic lights and finding that as the pedal goes to
the
floor my TR starts to move forward.

I've checked for fluid leaks and have found none.  The problem appears to
be
a leak in the brake booster.  I've noticed that the connector which takes
the manifold vacuum hose is loose and can be rotated (without the vacuum
hose attached).  Therefore I need to pull the booster out and retighten
this
connector.  Is this operation easy to execute?  Can I do it without
removing
the brake lines from the brake reservoir unit?

Regards
John
<

John,

When the pedal slowly goes tot he floor it is an indication that your
master cylinder is in need of rebuilding.  The fluid is leaking past the
seals and back into the reservoir.  It has nothing to do with the booster.

Dave