Re: Consumer Alert: A AAAdvantage Auto Movers - BEWARE

To: Jeff McNeal <jmcneal@ohms.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Consumer Alert: A AAAdvantage Auto Movers - BEWARE
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mporter@zianet.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2000 02:31:20 -0700

Jeff McNeal wrote:

> Just to let all list members know -- I contracted with A AAAdvantage  Auto
> Transport of Tempe AZ, ICC 210561 to transport a Triumph Spitfire for me on
> December 7, 1999.  After 7 business days of not sheduling a pickup, I
> exercised my option to cancel the contract and demanded a refund of my $200
> deposit.  I was promised a full refund by my sales rep, her manager and the
> accounting manager.
>
> Two weeks later, my account had not been credited.  I called to complain and
> was assured that my refund would be processed immediately.
>
> That was over a month ago.  A AAAdvantage has not refunded my deposit and
> Ive disputed the charge with my bank.
>
> CONSUMERS BEWARE.

A month or two from now, the car will arrive, and you will be billed. I
had the same thing happen with a company called All-States, located in
California. There are a lot of slimy firms in the car-hauling business,
and those two are among the worst. All-States is actually
worse--AAAdvantage responds, even if falsely, while All-States, once
they have your money, do not. After my experience last year with
All-States, I will not deal with a car-hauler until I've checked with
their local Better Business Bureau for complaints.

Cheers.

--

Michael D. Porter
Roswell, NM