Re: Consumer Alert: A AAAdvantage Auto Movers - BEWARE

To: "Spitfire List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>, "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Consumer Alert: A AAAdvantage Auto Movers - BEWARE
From: Cliff Hansen <chansen@access1.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2000 19:37:16 -0500
I've communicated privately with Jeff, but I think I need to speak out
on this subject.

Jeff's assessment of AAA DisAdvantage is entirely accurate.  If you care
about your car, don't call these guys.  Tell all your friends.

They moved my car from Virginia to New Mexico two years ago.
Unlike Jeff, at least I got my car moved. But, it took four weeks instead
of the promised two weeks.  In transit, the car went through three
different independent subcontractors (towing company in Virginia Beach,
storage company in Virginia Beach, hauler) and was picked up and delivered
after 10 pm on both ends.  Moreover, the car was damaged (slightly, paint
chipped from fenders, one knob broken inside the car) in transit.

AAA Advantage provides a written warranty that promises to make
right any damage to my satisfaction.  Well, of course they didn't, said
that the damage was incidental and wasn't they're responsibility since
an independent hauler had moved the car. This despite the written
statement on the contract that AAA Advantage only used company-owned trucks.

How do these people wake up and look at themselves, I don't know.

At 06:05 PM 01/28/2000 -0800, Jeff McNeal wrote:

>Just to let all list members know -- I contracted with A AAAdvantage  Auto
>Transport of Tempe AZ, ICC 210561 to transport a Triumph Spitfire for me on
>December 7, 1999.  After 7 business days of not sheduling a pickup, I
>exercised my option to cancel the contract and demanded a refund of my $200
>deposit.  I was promised a full refund by my sales rep, her manager and the
>accounting manager.
>
>Two weeks later, my account had not been credited.  I called to complain and
>was assured that my refund would be processed immediately.
>
>That was over a month ago.  A AAAdvantage has not refunded my deposit and
>Ive disputed the charge with my bank.
>
>CONSUMERS BEWARE.
>
>Best wishes,
>
>Jeff in San Diego