Re: Consumer Alert: A AAAdvantage Auto Movers - BEWARE

To: "Michael D. Porter" <mporter@zianet.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Consumer Alert: A AAAdvantage Auto Movers - BEWARE
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 06:49:36 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
Michael,

The car will not arrive in a month or two, since I contracted another hauler
(a very reputable one) to transport it here. I have since resold the vehicle
after finding a better restoral candidate and the buyer lives in Norway.  If
the car shows up here again, it's going to be the Twilight Zone's fault, not
A AAAdvantage.  At least, this time.

I received a call the day after my initial post from a flustered gal in
their accounting dept.  She faxed me a receipt for my refund and lo and
behold, the credit has finally appeared on my account.

Here's the best advice I can give anyone contemplating the transport of a
car: Don't do business with any auto hauler that demands ANY cash up front.
Whether it's a deposit or the whole amount.  I've used two different haulers
now -- both very small companies that were happy to accept payment upon
delivery of the vehicle.  One delivered within my state in 24 hours of
receiving my call.  Impressed, I asked THEM for recommendations when I
needed to transport my current car from Chicago to San Diego.  I went with a
small outfit in Wisconsin that delivered the car within 4 days of pickup
(over the New Years holiday, no less).

Cheers,

Jeff in San Diego
www.ohms.com/spitfire/spitfire.shtml