RE: Trim Kits from John Skinner

To: "'Anjison@aol.com'" <Anjison@aol.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Trim Kits from John Skinner
From: Jim Hill <Jim_Hill@chsra.wisc.edu>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 11:44:17 -0600

Fred Vandergriff wrote:

> Wasn't there a post recently about this "Customs & Duty" and if it is
parts
> for an "Antique" car (over 25 years of age) it is duty free?

Don't know if it's true or not - the issue's been discussed on this list,
but I don't recall there being a definitive answer. But if I order parts
from abroad, who's going to guarantee US Customs that the parts are going to
be used on a 25 year old car? As a customer of a couple of UK parts houses,
nobody from Customs has ever asked me what I planned to do with the parts!

And, of course, not all Triumphs (not even all TR6s) are 25 years old . . .
yet.

Jim Hill
Madison WI