No LBC, Advice from Californian listers Please.

To: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Subject: No LBC, Advice from Californian listers Please.
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2000 09:33:17 -0500
Cc: "List Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "List Spitfires" <spitfires@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by "Graham Stretch"
>Hi All
Please could any one from California, or any one who has recently visited
please help me to help a friend at work. He is coming to Long Beach to a
wedding and is looking for things to do in the area. Places of general
interest, he already has in mind Hollywood, also he would like to visit the
Golden Gate Bridge, we are engineers so this has an interest to him, how
easy is it to get there and what is the best way to view it (crossing it or
from a hill nearby?)<

Graham,

The Goldan Gate Bridge is indeed a worthwhile stop for anybody who is
engineering minded.  It is a very impressive project on a very impressive
scale.  And there is a lovely park on the south end from which you can view
it in intimate detail.

The only problem is saying "since I am in Long Beach I think I will pop in
and have a look at the Golden Gate Bridge" is akin to saying "since I am in
the Isle of Wight I'll pop in and have a look at the Shetland Islands."
The bridge is that far from LA.  The Golden Gate is in San Francisco (Which
is a very interesting city and well worth a visit but it is some 300 miles
north of Long Beach).

My wife says that a must see in Long Beach is the Queen Mary.

Dave Massey
St. Louis, MO USA (3 days from Long Beach)