Clutch problems

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Clutch problems
From: john.j.reed@gm.com
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 08:57:12 -0500

I have recently replaced the clutch in my TR4 and also the clutch slave cylinder
hose.  The clutch operation feels like there is still air in the hydraulic
system.  The clutch engages as soon as the pedal comes off the full stroke
position.  I bled it again Saturday and while it still engages sooner than I
like, it was driveable.  I went out to dinner and when I came back to the car
two hours later, fully depressing the pedal would not release the clutch enough
to easily go into gear.  I pumped the clutch several times and it was back to
pre-dinner operation.  The operating rod is adjusted per the shop manual.  I
have bled the system using the one-man kit I have which consists of a plastic
container with lid and hose which connects to the bleeder.  I have also had my
wife pump the pedal while I watch the fluid and close the bleeder before she
releases the pedal.  The slave cylinder is mounted with the bleeder above the
hose.  I have not found any leaks.  What should I do now?

Thanks
John Reed