Re: TR250 door panel arm rest

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR250 door panel arm rest
From: Jerry Oliver <slantws@home.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2000 09:05:03 -0800
David. Perhaps what I did on my TR4A might be a solution to your door
trim problem. On purpose, I did not glue the arm rest under the window
seal. It's a pain. Rather, I folded the vinyl under the the arm rest,
making a few cuts and used a hair dryer to make the vinyl pliable. I
removed some of the foam, to get a tight fit on the door right up to the
seal. Then I glued the excess vinyl under to the foam itself. Then I
glued the arm rest to the door. It fits right up to the chrome on the
seal, with no painted section visible. You have to be with a 1/2 inch to
see the difference. I suppose this lessens somewhat the designers
attempt to water proof that area, but I drive my TR4A with the top down,
and avoid the rain here in Seattle. Good luck, Jerry Oliver, Olympia,
WA.