TR3 - Blown Head Gasket?

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Subject: TR3 - Blown Head Gasket?
From: Adrian Jones <AdrianJones@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 20:18:40 -0500
Hi Gang,
Me again.  After the electrical fire last week, now there's the slight
problemo of what looks like a blown head gasket (or worse).
Behind the exhaust pipe there was water on the ground.
All plugs, especially #3, had antifreeze, when tapped on the palm of the
hand.
This at least solves the mystery of where all the coolant was going the
last couple of months!
However, no oil in the radiator and no coolant on the engine oil dipstick.
Should I just pull the head?  (making it sound like I do this every
weekend) or should I do some diagnostic work? (like compression reading)
How about just re-torquing the head bolts (hey, one can hope!)
I have the Haynes manual - should I just plough into the engine?
Much appreciate any advice - this is going to be the biggest job I've
attempted so far.
Regards, Adrian